Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Sweet Action
"TANK"

Sweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to Pirate
flounder DEBONE FLOUNDER???

Need help on how to debone a flounder for suffing?? I usually pocket the darkside but I'm told there's a way to debone the whole thing. I did a 2cool search but no luck with the videos. Thanks for any help. -SA
Sweet Action is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Team MirrOlure
Registered Users-pm+

Team MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to Pirate
don't have a video but I do them often. Since you know how to pocket darkside, your half there. Now take the knife and go under the ribs to the fins on each side of the backbone without breaking the skin. Next, cut backbone from meat. You will learn to feel and follow the backbones and the ribs. Now cut the rib bones away fromk the fin bones. When you have reached the tail, simply bend the backbone towards the tail and it will snap right off. If you want, turn the fish inside out and with scissors trim the fin bones to the skin for more bone free.
Team MirrOlure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
regulator
Registered Users-pm+

regulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirate
there is a video out there, pretty detailed, let me see if I can find it
regulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
regulator
Registered Users-pm+

regulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirateregulator has been promoted to Pirate
try this, I think you have to join the website to view, I did not have time to join... this is the one I think...

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=130390
regulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Sweet Action
"TANK"

Sweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to PirateSweet Action has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks TM and Reg for the help. I can't seem to get the video to work but I think I understand what TM is talking about. Thanks! -SA
Old 09-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Team MirrOlure
Registered Users-pm+

Team MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to PirateTeam MirrOlure has been promoted to Pirate
Here's a pic of what it should look like when done!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
Sweet Action
"TANK"

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team MirrOlure View Post
That looks so disgusting.... its making my mouth water!!! -SA
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
11andy11
Registered Users-pm+

11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate
I do it where there in no cut in the center on the darkside, its just one big pocket. After cutting the head off the fish insert your fillet knife from the front on one side of the backbone above the ribs. Push the knife all the way in and work your way out to the sides. Turn the knife around and without coming through the skin work it up over the backbone and along the ribs out the the fins stopping about a quarter inch from them. Do that on both sides. Then take kitchen shears and clip the rib bones along the edges of the fish as far as you can reach. Bend the fish to break the backbone and pull that out. You can then start rolling the fish inside out and repeat bone trimming process till you get to the tail.
11andy11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
htalamant
Hector

htalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Piratehtalamant has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team MirrOlure View Post
Jeesh! Thanks for posting that pic 'cause my wife looked at me weird after she caught me licking and trying to eat my computer screen! -Hector
htalamant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Team MirrOlure
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by htalamant View Post
Jeesh! Thanks for posting that pic 'cause my wife looked at me weird after she caught me licking and trying to eat my computer screen! -Hector
LMAO!!!! Wish I could have seen that!