Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Te.jas.on

Te.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to Pirate
East Cape Fury review...

I thought you guys might like to read this review I'm doing about the new East Cape Fury poling skiff.

I got out on the boat with Capt. Scott Null for a day and put the Fury through the paces. I own a Beavertail so I've spent my fair share of butt time in a skiff, and this new Fury is a sweet friggin' sled. I think the coolest part of it is the raised console. I've never been in a skiff that had a console this high, and it's a completely different experience.

Part 1 is up today. I'm already working on part 2 for tomorrow.

http://www.earthsports.com/m/news/vi...ape-s-New-Sled

A few pics for ya'...
Attached Images

Te.jas.on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Rippin_drag
Googan

Rippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to PirateRippin_drag has been promoted to Pirate
Thats cool man. I've been seeing these "florida-style" skiffs in Texas waters a little more in the last year or so. Are they beginning to gain popularity here? If so why do you think? Shallow water performance, fuel efficiency, just a new approach??
I'm becoming more of a back lakes/skinny water kinda guy and one of these might be my next rig in the future.
Rippin_drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
JPChavez23
Casting Tales

JPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to PirateJPChavez23 has been promoted to Pirate
Saw this boat last night and I'm thoroughly impressed. Well thought-out and designed boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin_drag View Post
Thats cool man. I've been seeing these "florida-style" skiffs in Texas waters a little more in the last year or so. Are they beginning to gain popularity here? If so why do you think? Shallow water performance, fuel efficiency, just a new approach??
I'm becoming more of a back lakes/skinny water kinda guy and one of these might be my next rig in the future.
They're starting to catch on here in Texas for a number of reasons many of which you named. There might be shallower running and smoother riding boats but not many boats are as stealthy or float as shallow as a skiff. A skiff is a good boat if you spend a majority of your time in the back lakes. My first boat is going to be a skiff and East Cape is definitely on the short list of boats I'm considering.

BTW, great photos.

Last edited by JPChavez23; 06-22-2011 at 03:58 PM.
JPChavez23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
That Robbie Guy
Swangin' and Bangin'

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Man.

Beautiful boat - beautiful pics.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
chicapesca
For the Fish!!

chicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Piratechicapesca has been promoted to Pirate
Very nice skiff! I like the trend that boat manufacturers and aluminum shops are going toward with the powder coated aluminum. NewWater had one at the San Antonio boat show with the pc aluminum with a little curve to it instead of right angles everywhere. Great review too, I can't wait for part 2!
chicapesca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Chunkn' Charlie
Registered Users-pm+

Chunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to Pirate
I saw it at the A&P CCA Banquett and I must say that is a beautiful skiff
Chunkn' Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Rob S
Registered Users-pm+

Rob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to Pirate
Nice
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
let's go
Registered Users-pm+

let's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Piratelet's go has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks guys. I'm loving the PC aluminum. Cleans up really easy. I also do a good bit of photography and you don't get the glare the way you do with bare aluminum.

The guys at East Cape are great to work with and they can do just about any custom thing you want done. I wanted a bigger gas tank...done. I wanted the mini-tower console...done. Custom color...no problem. They build them one at a time and have their own aluminum shop on premises.

This is my third Florida style poling skiff so I knew exactly what I wanted and they put it all together for me. Couldn't be happier.

Here's a quick video that shows all the details on the build.

http://www.eastcapeskiffs.com/grey-f...r-with-60-etec
let's go is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
Te.jas.on

Te.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to PirateTe.jas.on has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicapesca View Post
Very nice skiff! I like the trend that boat manufacturers and aluminum shops are going toward with the powder coated aluminum. NewWater had one at the San Antonio boat show with the pc aluminum with a little curve to it instead of right angles everywhere. Great review too, I can't wait for part 2!
The powder coating is definitely a nice touch. It adds a finished feel to the whole rig.
Te.jas.on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Red Line
Majek Texas Slam - 21

Red Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to PirateRed Line has been promoted to Pirate
Sweet ride. How does it handle the chop?
Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message